|Appears in||Pikmin 3, Hey! Pikmin|
|Areas||Distant Tundra, Twilight River, Formidable Oak|
|Collect treasure! levels||None|
|Battle enemies! levels||None|
|Side Story levels||None|
|Bingo Battle levels||None|
Bloominous Stemples (ヒカリワタゲ?, lit.: "Light Fluff") are unique plants found in Pikmin 3 and Hey! Pikmin. They are always found in caves, and will appear in a dormant state when first seen. Once they bloom, they act as a path to access previously inaccessible places. In Pikmin 3, they will bloom if a light from a nearby electrode is activated, and once they bloom, they will not wither back to their dormant state. In Hey! Pikmin they can also bloom if they receive light from sun or enemies that produce light (like Widemouthed Anode Beetles), and if the source of light disappears, the plants will wither back to their dormant state. According to the explorers in Pikmin 3, the surface of the Bloominous Stemple is very soft and fluffy.
In Pikmin 3
- A cluster of five is found in the Spotty Bulbear cave. Pikmin carrying objects can go over them, bypassing the fire hazards entirely, and they must be grown before any Pikmin, Winged Pikmin included, can access the Citrus Lump on the ledge behind the plants.
- Two are found in the cave in which Charlie was first taken by the Vehemoth Phosbat. They allow Alph and Brittany to give chase to the Vehemoth Phosbat.
- Three are located in the Juicy Gaggle cave. When expanded, they lead to a pile of 30 light blue fragments.
- Two groups of two and one group of three are found in the second room of the oak, and each group requires its own electrode. Once all three electrodes are lit, the path beyond the Stemples can be accessed.
In Hey! Pikmin
- Verdant Waterfront
- Glowing Bloom Pond: In this area many Bloominous Stemples can be found, which must be bloomed with Widemouthed Anode Beetles or Yellow Pikmin producing electricity.
- Sweltering Parchlands
- Lights in the Darkness: Again, many Bloominous Stemples are found here. However, the player must break blocks to let in light to cause the flowers to bloom.
A Bloominous Stemple being powered by an electrode in Hey! Pikmin.
A dormant Bloominous Stemple in Hey! Pikmin.
A Widemouthed Anode Beetle powering a Bloominous Stemple.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||flor de luz||light flower|
Bloominous Stemple • Bouncy Mushroom • Bridge (fragments, hay) • Climbing stick • Conveyor belt • Dirt mound • Electrode • Flukeweed • Geyser • Iron ball • Liftable rock • Lily pad • Pulley rock • Seesaw blocks (elevator platforms)