Queen Candypop Bud
|Appears in||Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Flora regina|
|Caves||Subterranean Complex, Snagret Hole, Citadel of Spiders, Glutton's Kitchen, Shower Room, Cavern of Chaos, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode levels||Hot House, Concrete Maze, Hidden Garden, Breeding Ground, Emperor's Realm|
|2-Player Battle levels||None|
|Pikmin produced||9 Red, Yellow or Blue Pikmin|
Queen Candypop Buds are Candypop Buds found in Pikmin 2, quite different from the others in the game. They allow the player to gain up to 8 Pikmin if a single one of any type is thrown in. The flower's spots alternate between red, blue and yellow, presenting the player with an opportunity, with correct timing, to choose between receiving Blue, Red or Yellow Pikmin. Only as many more Pikmin as can exist on the field are produced; if there are already 100, the Pikmin thrown in just changes type. The plant withers after it has been used once.
These flowers are found only in certain sublevels of difficult caves, usually immediately before or after a particularly challenging boss battle. These areas are usually void of enemies, so they are sometimes referred to as "rest sublevels"; they contain other such useful things as eggs and other types of Candypop Bud.
Queen Candypop Buds are far more common in Pikmin 2's Challenge Mode than in the main game, mostly appearing where the player starts off with very few Pikmin, such as Breeding Ground, Hot House and Hidden Garden.
- Story mode
- Subterranean Complex: Two on sublevel 8.
- Snagret Hole: One on sublevel 6, and two on sublevel 7.
- Citadel of Spiders: One on sublevel 3.
- Glutton's Kitchen: One on sublevel 5.
- Shower Room: Two on sublevel 4.
- Cavern of Chaos: One on sublevel 4, and one on sublevel 5.
- Hole of Heroes: One on sublevel 5, and one on sublevel 8 (Bulbmin available).
- Challenge Mode
- Hot House: Three on sublevel 1, and one on sublevel 2.
- Concrete Maze: Two on sublevel 3.
- Hidden Garden: Six on sublevel 1.
- Breeding Ground: Five on sublevel 1, and seven on sublevel 2.
- Emperor's Realm: Three on sublevel 3.
The plant's e-card, #49.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||Fleur cracheuse royale||Royal spitting flower|
|French (NoE)||Fleur Cracheuse Royale||Royal Spitting Flower|
|Spanish (NoA)||Brote rebotador real||Royal sending-back sprout|