Violet Candypop Bud
|Appears in||Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3|
|Scientific name||Flora puniceus|
|Caves||Emergence Cave, Subterranean Complex, Frontier Cavern, Hole of Beasts, Bulblax Kingdom, Snagret Hole, Citadel of Spiders, Glutton's Kitchen, Shower Room, Submerged Castle, Cavern of Chaos|
|Challenge Mode levels||Novice Training|
|Collect treasure! levels||Thirsty Desert|
|Battle enemies! levels||None|
|2-Player Battle levels||None|
|Bingo Battle levels||Blooming Terrace|
|Pikmin produced||5 Purple Pikmin|
Violet Candypop Buds are purple Candypop Buds found in Pikmin 2. They behave just like any other Candypop Bud, but when non-purple Pikmin are thrown in, they will change into Purple Pikmin. Candypop Buds are the only method of obtaining White Pikmin and Purple Pikmin. If Purple Pikmin are thrown in, they will be reverted to leaf stages, and don't count against the five Pikmin limit per Candypop Bud. This plant is essential to the completion of Pikmin 2, as collecting the heaviest treasure, the Doomsday Apparatus, requires 100 Purple Pikmin.
This plant reappears in Pikmin 3 but is the rarest Candypop Bud in the game, with a single one being found in Mission Mode's Thirsty Desert and four of them being found in Bingo Battle's Blooming Terrace.
This article or section is a stub. You can help Pikipedia by.
The following is a list of all the locations of Violet Candypop Buds in each game. In Pikmin 2, if a player collects five Purple Pikmin from each plant encountered as they go along, without repeating caves, they will be able to nearly reach 100. However, if a player wishes to build their number of Purple Pikmin later, choosing the right cave will greatly speed up the process. Subterranean Complex is recommended if the player first needs more Pikmin to convert, as Queen Candypop Buds are present. However, if a player doesn't need or want to grow more Pikmin, such as in a 101 Pikmin run, Bulblax Kingdom would be the fastest option. To note that many Violet Candypop Buds disappear after the player's total amount of Purple Pikmin has reached 20, as explained here. Using Bulbmin is also convenient for growing Purple Pikmin, such as in Submerged Castle, where Purple Pikmin are needed to defeat the boss – the Waterwraith.
- Story mode
- Emergence Cave: Two on sublevel 2 (if the player has less than 20 Purples).
- Subterranean Complex: Three on sublevel 8 (Queen Candypop Buds available)
- Frontier Cavern: One on sublevel 1 (if the player has less than 20 Purples), one on sublevel 4 (Bulbmin available), and one on sublevel 5 (Bulbmin available).
- Hole of Beasts: Two on sublevel 2 (if the player has less than 20 Purples), and one on sublevel 4.
- Bulblax Kingdom: Two on sublevel 4, and one on sublevel 6.
- Snagret Hole: One on sublevel 3.
- Citadel of Spiders: One on sublevel 2 (if the player has less than 20 Purples).
- Glutton's Kitchen: One on sublevel 2 (if the player has less than 20 Purples), and one on sublevel 5 (Queen Candypop Bud available).
- Shower Room: One on sublevel 2 (if the player has less than 20 Purples), and one on sublevel 5 (Queen Candypop Bud available).
- Submerged Castle: Two on sublevel 5 (Bulbmin available).
- Cavern of Chaos: One on sublevel 5 (Queen Candypop Bud available).
- Challenge Mode
- Novice Training: Three on sublevel 1.
- Collect Treasure!
- Thirsty Desert: One on a raised plateau.
- Bingo Battle
- Blooming Terrace: Four on the raised plateaus near the middle.
The plant's e-card, #55.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||Fleur cracheuse mauve||Lilac-purple spitting flower|
|French (NoE)||Fleur Cracheuse Pourpre||Purple Spitting Flower|
|Spanish (NoA)||Brote rebotador violeta||Purple sending-back sprout|