The Forest of Hope
|The Forest of Hope|
|Ship parts||8 (list)|
|Pikmin discovered||Yellow Pikmin|
|Requirements||Recover 1 ship part|
|Music||The Forest of Hope|
The Forest of Hope (希望の森?, lit.: "Forest of Hope") is the second area in Pikmin. It is set in a temperate forest with a mix of wide-open spaces and narrow corridors. It contains 8 ship parts and is unlocked after collecting the first ship part, the Main Engine, in The Impact Site. Yellow Pikmin are discovered in this area. The enemies in this area are fairly easy compared to the other areas, with several Spotty Bulborbs, Dwarf Bulborbs, and Sheargrubs. This area was reused in Pikmin 2 as the Awakening Wood.
Most of this area consists of vast plains with some gates and high walls that block the way. There is a small lake near the main plain. The most common enemies here are Spotty Bulborbs and Dwarf Bulborbs. This area contains an assortment of red and yellow pellets, as well as two bridges that can be built to gain access to a small piece of land containing the Sagittarius. Behind the stone wall at the landing area is a yellow 20 pellet on a high tree stump that requires Yellow Pikmin to reach. To the north is the arena where the Armored Cannon Beetle is fought and to the southwest is the ledge where the Burrowing Snagrets are.
The bomb-rocks in this area are located inside tin cans. The first one is near the great plain with Spotty Bulborbs, another one is near the place where the Yellow Onion is originally found. The last can is in the place where the Nova Blaster is found. On the first day the area is visited, some are found out of the cans, three resting in front of one of the stone walls that can be destroyed after obtaining Yellow Pikmin.
Although water defends access to the Geiger Counter, the Radiation Canopy, and the Sagittarius, it is possible to collect these parts with Yellow Pikmin; thus, the area can be completed uniquely with them.
In Challenge Mode, there are a lot more Bulborbs, and Spotty Bulbears can also be found where the Armored Cannon Beetle and Burrowing Snagrets are found in story mode (the former location also has a Pearly Clamclamp).
- Eternal Fuel Dynamo: After destroying the gate near the landing site, the part is in plain sight.
- Whimsical Radar: This part is beyond the reinforced gate beside the place where the Yellow Onion is first discovered, atop a ledge. (Yellow Pikmin required for wall)
- Extraordinary Bolt: Slightly past the Whimsical Radar is a reinforced gate that guards this part. (Yellow Pikmin required for wall)
- Nova Blaster: Going past the reinforced gate near the landing site, or past the resting spot of the Extraordinary Bolt, is a gate. Beyond this gate is the part, past a few Bulborbs.
- Shock Absorber: Going past the regular gate of the landing site is a small ledge containing a five pellet on day 2. This part is on the ledge, which Olimar can reach by going through a small body of water. (Blue Pikmin required)
- Radiation Canopy: Beside the Nova Blaster are two gates, the first of which is submerged. This part is beyond both, guarded by an Armored Cannon Beetle (though not ingested by said enemy). (Blue Pikmin required)
- Geiger Counter: By going to the place where the Yellow Pikmin were discovered and turning left, it is possible to reach a reinforced wall. Going past this, a group of Bulborbs and a cardboard box leads to a ledge with three Burrowing Snagrets. The one closest to the far ledge has the part. (Yellow Pikmin required for wall)
- Sagittarius: Directly beyond the landing site, through the regular gate exit, is a large pool of water. This part is on an island at the far end that can be accessed by building two bridges.
- Dwarf Bulborb × 11
- Spotty Bulborb × 7 (+2 starting day 5)
- Iridescent Flint Beetle × 2, starting day 3 (+1 starting day 6)
- Honeywisp × 3
- Female Sheargrub × 6 (+3 starting day 5)
- Male Sheargrub × 4 (+2 starting day 5)
- Wolpole × 4
- Armored Cannon Beetle × 1
- Burrowing Snagret × 3 (after the one with Geiger Counter is defeated, it never returns)
- Swooping Snitchbug × 1, starting day 15
- Bridge × 2
- Rubble × 1
The following article or section contains guides.
There are ways to complete this area without the use of Blue Pikmin. This guide will explain how to get the parts the way they were intended.
After landing, use some Pikmin to break down the white bramble gate. On the other side, and to the right, is the Eternal Fuel Dynamo which needed at least 40 Pikmin to carry. Use the Dwarf Bulborbs and pellet posies to grow your count to this and collect the part. Continuing to the right, there is another white bramble gate which needs to be destroyed. On the other side, there is a handful of Dwarf Bulborbs and a single Bulborb, defeat these. Move further into the area and discover the Yellow Onion, and using the pellets and corpses, grow your Yellow Pikmin count to 20-25. Pick up all the bomb rocks, near the wall and in the can, and use them to blow up the white reinforced wall. In this next area, there are some male and female Sheargrubs along with the Whimsical Radar. Collect the radar and continue through the area. Using 9 bomb rocks, blow up the black reinforced wall and collect the Extraordinary Bolt behind it. Continuing down the path, you'll reach an open area with a black bramble gate, white reinforced wall, and some bulborbs. Kill the bulborbs and use the remaining bombs to blow up the wall. If you do not have enough bombs, that is okay. Break the black gate, head through and kill the bulborbs in your way. At the end of this area you'll find the Nova Blaster, the only non-mandatory part in this area, along with more bomb rocks. Collect the part and more bombs, if needed, to blow up the wall from before. Head back to the landing site, and go back through the first gate you broke. This time we'll be heading left. Throw a minimum of 30 Pikmin onto the ledge and climb up the root to the left of said ledge to join your Pikmin. On this raised platform, There is the Shock Absorber and a bulborb. Kill the bulborb and collect the part. For the remaining 3 parts, Blue Pikmin are required.
After discovering Blue Pikmin, take a handful and head through the wall to the north of the landing site. Head through the black gate and to the left you'll see a gate in some water. Use your Blue Pikmin to destroy this gate and then the other gate up the slope behind it. The Radiation Canopy is found in this area protected by an Armored Cannon Beetle. Defeat said beetle and collect the part. From the landing site, head through the southern exit towards the water. There are 2 bridges that need to be built in order to collect the Sagittarius, one of which require Blue Pikmin. Build both bridges and collect the part. The final part is located in an area that can be accessed from where the Yellow Onion was found, so head there. Once you are there, you should notice another reinforced wall near the tin can, blow this up with bombs. Through the wall is a couple of bulborbs, whom you should dispose off, and a cardboard box. Head into the water with Blue Pikmin, and use them to push the box out the way. Head across the newly opened bridge, where you'll be attack by up to 3 Burrowing Snagrets. One of these snagrets holds the final part, the Geiger Counter. Dispose of them and collect the final part.
In Challenge Mode
The Forest of Hope in Challenge Mode is a diverse stage, featuring some peaceful sections and some sections with enemies. There are a lot of things to collect and a lot of time to collect them, with the maximum score being 569 and the time limit being 18 minutes and 54 seconds.
|Red 1 pellets||2||6||12|
|Red 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Red 10 pellets||10||1||10|
|Red 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Yellow 1 pellets||2||6||12|
|Yellow 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Yellow 10 pellets||10||1||10|
|Yellow 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Blue 1 pellets||2||5||10|
|Blue 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Blue 10 pellets||10||2||20|
|Blue 20 pellets||20||1||20|
Further into the dirt section, on the way to the area where Yellow Pikmin are found.
A nearby reinforced wall, still open.
Section where the Extraordinary Bolt can be found.
The area before the Armored Cannon Beetle's arena.
The location of the Shock Absorber.
The bridges leading up to the Sagittarius.
The area before the Burrowing Snagret arena.
Preview image on the area selection menu.
The Forest of Hope in Challenge Mode.
- It is possible to complete this area in one day, as can be seen on low day runs.
- Blue Pikmin are not needed to complete the area. The bridge to the Sagittarius can be reached by non-Blue Pikmin, provided they're whistled to the island quickly enough, the gate leading to the Armored Cannon Beetle can be destroyed with bomb-rock Yellow Pikmin placed on top of the gate's structure, and the cardboard box before the Burrowing Snagrets can be pushed by throwing Pikmin on top of it, and moving them to the back of the box, or by simply using a long throw.
- In the late prototype stages of the game, a Puffstool was on the small plateau overlooking the lake in the place of the Burrowing Snagrets.
- The music in this area reappears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, on the stages Distant Planet and Garden of Hope, respectively. Parts of its melody are also used for the theme of the Blossoming Arcadia in Olimar's Shipwreck Tale.
- All ship parts whose name begins with the letter "E" are in the Forest of Hope.
Names in other languages
Kibō no mori
|Forest of Hope|
|French (NoA)||La Forêt de l'espoir
La Forêt de l'Espoir (loading screen)
|The Forest of hope|
The Forest of Hope
|French (NoE)||La Forêt de l'Espoir||The Forest of Hope|
|German||Wald der Hoffnung||Forest of Hope|
|Italian||Foresta Speranza||Hope Forest|
|Forest of Hope|
|Spanish||El Bosque de la Esperanza||The Forest of Hope|
This article was a featured article from August 1st, 2020 to October 1st, 2020.
|The Forest of Hope|
Click an object
Click an area on the image