Queen Candypop Bud
|Appears in||Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Flora regina|
|Caves||Subterranean Complex, Snagret Hole, Citadel of Spiders, Glutton's Kitchen, Shower Room, Cavern of Chaos, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode levels||Hot House, Concrete Maze, Hidden Garden, Breeding Ground, Emperor's Realm|
|2-Player Battle levels||None|
|Pikmin produced||9 Red, Yellow or Blue Pikmin|
Queen Candypop Buds (ポポガシグサ?) are Candypop Buds found in Pikmin 2, quite different from the others in the game. They allow the player to gain up to 8 Pikmin if a single one of any type is thrown in. The flower's spots alternate between red, blue and yellow, presenting the player with an opportunity, with correct timing, to choose between receiving Blue, Red or Yellow Pikmin. Only as many more Pikmin as can exist on the field are produced; if there are already 100, the Pikmin thrown in just changes type. The plant withers after it has been used once.
These flowers are found only in certain sublevels of difficult caves, usually immediately before or after a particularly challenging boss battle. These areas are usually void of enemies, so they are sometimes referred to as "rest sublevels"; they contain other such useful things as eggs and other types of Candypop Bud.
Queen Candypop Buds are far more common in Pikmin 2's Challenge Mode than in the main game, mostly appearing where the player starts off with very few Pikmin, such as Breeding Ground, Hot House and Hidden Garden.
- Story mode
- Subterranean Complex: Two on sublevel 8.
- Snagret Hole: One on sublevel 6, and two on sublevel 7.
- Citadel of Spiders: One on sublevel 3.
- Glutton's Kitchen: One on sublevel 5.
- Shower Room: Two on sublevel 4.
- Cavern of Chaos: One on sublevel 4, and one on sublevel 5.
- Hole of Heroes: One on sublevel 5, one on sublevel 8 (Bulbmin available), and one on sublevel 12.
- Challenge Mode
- Hot House: Three on sublevel 1, and one on sublevel 2.
- Concrete Maze: Two on sublevel 3.
- Hidden Garden: Six on sublevel 1.
- Breeding Ground: Five on sublevel 1, and seven on sublevel 2.
- Emperor's Realm: Three on sublevel 3.
Pikmin 2 Nintendo Player's Guide
Color change interval
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 2.
|US GCN||To be checked|
|EU GCN||To be checked|
|JP GCN||To be checked|
|US NPC||Around 2.6 seconds|
|EU NPC||2.5 seconds|
|JP NPC||To be checked|
The plant's e-card, #49.
- See more: Candypop family#Naming.
- Common name: Queen Candypop Bud. "Queen" refers to how it generates multiple seeds of several types of Pikmin, making it somewhat superior to the average Candypop Bud.
- Japanese nickname: ポポガシグサ?.
- Japanese name: ポポガシグサ?. It is the same as the Japanese nickname.
- Scientific name: Flora regina. Regina is Latin for "queen".
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||Fleur cracheuse royale||Royal spitting flower|
|French (NoE)||Fleur Cracheuse Royale||Royal Spitting Flower|
|Italian||Cromanvillea regina||From "bougainvillea", a genus of flowers that resemble Candypops, and the greek root "chromo" which means "color", and the word "regina", the Italian for queen.|
|Spanish (NoA)||Brote rebotador real||Royal bouncing bud|