The Slapstick Crescent (カワスベール?, lit.: "Slippery Peel") is a fruit in Pikmin 3. It is a banana, and is found buried in the Tropical Wilds. It produces 2 and a half bottles of juice (one and a quarter in Ultra-Spicy mode), similar to a boss fruit. In Mission Mode, this fruit is found in the Fortress of Festivity, where there are a whopping four of them. There, they are worth 300 Pokos each when returned to the SPERO. One is also found in Big Fruit Carnival inside an Orange Bulborb.
Collecting the fruit
Location of the Slapstick Crescent in the Tropical Wilds.
The following article or section contains guides.
The strategies presented may not be the only ones or the best ones.
In the Tropical Wilds, first go to the northern area containing the seesaw blocks. Nearby, there should be a large body of water. On land, there are two Fiery Blowhogs which should be killed. In the water, there will be a Peckish Aristocrab. This will need to be killed as it will be very troublesome for retrieving the fruit if it is still alive. After that, you will reach a dry spot with a small part of the fruit sticking out the ground. You can then set the Pikmin to start digging it up. It is recommended to do this early in the day and to bring about 30-40 Blue Pikmin to speed up digging as the Slapstick Crescent will take a very long time to dig up. Alternatively, activating a bomb rock next to the fruit will cause it to instantly become unearthed. This works with all fruits, but it is most valuable with this fruit, especially for speedruns, as it is very time-consuming to unearth it and retrieve it otherwise.
- US version
“Oh my gosh but this is delicious! So sweet and comforting... I can imagine a little kid eating just gobs of these things. They'll have to be careful around the inedible peel, though. It's extremely slippery and could be a safety hazard.”
- European version
“Gosh, this is delicious! Alph's gone absolutely bananas over this...thing. The peel seems quite slippery. But how slippery, I wonder? Slippery enough to dispatch a person? How about a fully-grown man with a moustache? I must find out...in the interests of science.”
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)
|| (255, 255, 0, 255)
|Mission Mode points
The Slapstick Crescent in the Tropical Wilds.
Pikmin digging the Slapstick Crescent.
Pikmin carrying the Slapstick Crescent.
- "Slapstick" is a form of comedy with exaggerated physical actions, in which the banana is often known for (banana peel slips). "Crescent" refers to its curved "C"-like shape.
- The Slapstick Crescent and the Pocked Airhead are the only fruits that aren't given by a boss which give 2.5 bottles of juice.
- The European text for Brittany's log mentions that "Alph's gone absolutely bananas". This indicates that Koppaites might have some idea of what a banana is, or have a similar expression or object in their language, that is different from a real world banana.
- Modern day bananas, primarily Cavendish, do not have seeds and are technically sterile. Technically speaking, this makes collecting the fruit pointless, as the Koppaites wouldn't be able to extract any seeds from it to cultivate.
- Despite this, the Slapstick Crescent is still required to get the best ending, implying that the Koppaites did extract seeds from it.
Names in other languages
| Spanish (NoE)